Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Easing back

Thank you, all of you, for the kind comments and emails. The last several weeks have felt very surreal and I'm just adjusting to the new normal.

flowers

The only upside to experiencing a string of tragedies is that it's forced me to accept my own limitations. I used to beat myself up a lot when I was having a hard time dealing with things and not being 100% on top of everything but I'm gradually getting better at just riding with it. I know that there will be days when I don't feel like talking or cooking or exercising or reading. Some days all I manage is showering and going to work, but instead of feeling bad about it I remind myself that all I'm required to do right now is sustain myself. And there are plenty of other days where I do cook and clean and see friends and walk the dog and generally function as an adult. It's a bumpy process, and I have to be okay with that.

I'll be back tomorrow with the instructions for the infused sugar cubes I promised forever ago. And yes, I wrote "instructions" and not "recipe" on purpose. Sorry in advance for the huge amount of text but I swear they really aren't that much work, they take some explaining. You'll see.


3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts! Your words are so apt for me right now. We cannot always do everything, and don't always need to do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a blessing and a curse to go through it the second time. I lost my Dad last year and my Mom five years before that. I felt the same way the second time around and I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!