Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday flowers + useless info

Ranunculus this week.

ranuncs

Such sweet, unassuming little flowers.

ranuncs

The lovely Emily of Wide Open Spaces tagged me earlier this week. Most of you have probably noticed that I almost never participate in these things, but I am doing a modified version of this one and listing 7 things about me you might not know. If you already know more about me than you ever wanted to know, feel free to take off and start your weekend. I totally understand.

1. I have made up schedules that I adhere to very strictly. I will not have the TV on before 11:30 am (exception allowed only during the Tour de France), I will not drink soda (if I drink it at all) before noon, I will not drink tea after 4:30 pm. I don't know why - I never even think about these things, they're just ingrained.

2. I read very, very quickly. I tried to learn how to read more slowly when I was little because I was always running out of books. I can read a few books a day if I'm not forced to do other things, like work.

3. I do not wear shoes in the house. Ever.

4. I mutter to myself if I don't think anyone is listening. Sometimes I forget and do it in public.

5. I take milk in both my coffee and tea. But never sugar.

6. I am addicted to the show Hoarders on A&E even though it gives me mild anxiety attacks to watch it.

7. I spent the first few years of my life abroad, first in Athens and then in Cairo. I don't remember any of it, sadly.

I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to participate and let me know if you do. I'll head over and check it out.

Have a wonderful weekend!

24 comments:

  1. that is the most beautiful picture of flowers I've ever seen! You should have it framed!! wow, gorgeous! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers up against your wall, my dear.

    I *so* hear you on the speedy-reader front--I am always running out of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the flowers, they are just gorgeous! I also understand the speed reading...i am afflicted with it too...loved getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mutter to myself all of the time, too. I think it is because I live by myself...I often wonder if people think I am crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow of the ranunculus and the blue of the wall is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh how beautiful these photos are! you are so full of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh...I wish someone carried these flowers in Montgomery - I always covet them when I see other people shots of them.

    ok - I hate shoes inside too, but I've developed plantar fal...however you spell it because of the hardwood floors and am now forced to wear at least flipflops. I do the muttering thing too - it came from living alone after my divorce.

    and hoarders - eeeekk. that show makes me sick at my stomach sometimes it's so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a speedy reader too, but that's a good thing, as long as you live by the borrow/buy/library rule, too many books bought = broke! =)

    And I did the 7 things on my blog last week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are gorgeous! Where do you get all of your flowers from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg...I love Hoarders! It's actually really sad and I can't imagine what's going on inside their heads, but I'm riveted. Did you see the one with the 7 year-old boy? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel honored that i already knew all of the 7 things you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You inspired our LAC party this week - http://emilystyle.blogspot.com/2009/10/ladies-activity-club-fourth-anniversary.html

    Of course, we didn't quite match your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally not useless info - love getting to know people's personalities more. Your bedside table (it is, right?) is totally fab. I LOVE the color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yea! love getting to learn more about you. i love the strict schedules - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was excited for fall, but those pretty flowers make me want to hold on to fall for one.more.day.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi. love the info...

    been away from blogs, just wanted to stop by and say hi!

    {and i'm working on a show about OCD and HOARDERS! oh my goodness...}

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoarders is like watching an accident on the side of the road. You can't stop looking but it kinda makes you sick at the same time. So glad to know I'm not the only one who watches that madness! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel! What a gorgeous blog you have here. I'm so happy to have stumbled upon it. The colors in your pictures today are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh i love ranunculus. happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. How I wish I could reader faster! I am painfully slow, often reading the same paragraph two or three times over! Not sure why, I just like it all to sink in, I guess. Love the yellow flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. what pretty flowers! such a great pop of color. I am not a speed reader, though I wish I were, but I too never wear shoes in the house. I take them off immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are hilarious!!! I wish I knew you in real life:) I think you would be fun!

    And, can you teach me to speed read? I want to read faster...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate shoes inside.You spell it because of the hardwood floors and am now forced to wear at least flipflops.

    amino

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!