Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No shopping update (week 7) + blog love

I had some weak moments last week, but I pulled through. For some reason I was craving craft supplies. Odd, right? I wanted bright, beautiful, expensive paper, fancy hole punches and rolls and rolls of delicious ribbon (I will blame that on Kate, because she posted about The Ribbon Jar and now I'm addicted). I held off because I don't need any of these things and it makes sense to wait until I have a specific project in mind. Maybe it's a seven week itch?

I did get very lucky and receive some beauty in the mail. The ever so sweet Patricia of PVE Design sent me a little package in the mail, containing several of her beautifully illustrated cards and a special surprise made just for me.

DSC_3592

A teeny tiny book with perfect illustrations of some of my favorite photographs!

DSC_3593

You can't believe how talented Patricia is. Seeing her drawings in person is such a treat - there is a special personality that shines through all of them. I've been showing off my little book to everyone. Drawing is a talent that I seriously envy, so I'll have to live vicariously through her.

Isn't this little blogging community wonderful?

P.S. You can still enter the fabulous giveaway from Jess L.C. Jewelry by commenting here.

22 comments:

  1. the fact that you still haven't gone out shopping is so inspiring. 7 weeks is truly something about which you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great work! My favorite part of PVE's work is the little heart garland that you made in illustration form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, now lookie what you did, giving me more things to heart. ribbon has been a long time friend of mine and always room for more ribbon. when I was in high school, I made ribbon belts, ribbon frames and ribbon address books.
    thanks for posting my wee little book.
    so glad that you liked it. keep yourself busy and out of stores....with all the things you love.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little book! I'm digging the storybook capital letters (and the cutie mushrooms on the pizza).

    Way to go in Week 7!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's such a cute lil book! i haven't seen her before, but i love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a fun surprise. You are doing much better than I it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful illustrations! the drawings are so pretty and very you :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that little book is so, so sweet, Patricia darling you are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking book!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great mini book! how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my--how sweet and what absolutely wonderful illustrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you. What a beautiful book. Patricia is a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh!!! lucky you - I thought of you after seeing a bit of Oprah yesterday. She had families on that took on the no purchase pledge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a SLAVE to craft supplies! going to michael's is like a trip to paradise for me.

    And what a sweet, special gift to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a sweet little book! And I love your new banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, how sweet! I love the little surprises that pop up in blogland. Such a fun community to be part of!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG -- The book is BEAUTIFUL! I love seeing your beautiful pictures captured in gorgeous illustration.

    And the Ribbon Jar? That seems way tooo addicting. It would also make a lovely gift for a crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so wonderful....congrats on 7 weeks...wow!!!
    and i do so love your blog, I am adding to my list right now, so i visit more often
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so lucky! This little book is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an incredible cool and thoughtful gift! yes, the blogging community is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!